ThankYOuComeAgin

Thanksforcoming..I hope we can enlighten eachother on this thing called life and enjoy Jesus at the same time!



Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Afrika The Beautiful

I Know I'm already two weeks in but work with me here. My computer has finally decided to cooperate with me and I'm not complaining. There's so much to say about this beautiful Continent I'm on, about this country that I'm in. First off the weather here in Accra is phenomenal. Accra is on the coast so there's always a great breeze. The breeze alone makes me want to stay here forever. It beckons me into the night and gently rocks me to sleep. I admit that I had notions about the motherland before I even touched down. Many of which weren't too positive. I think I expected it to be far less industrialized. I think I expected to get here and think "This is Africa!", if that makes any sense at all. But the time I entered the country, to the drive to my hostel, I realized that Accra was just another city. I say that with as much positive intention as possible. People weren't running around in loincloths and spears chasing lions. Most Ghanaians dress with a strong western influence. Esp. the men. They walk around in dress pants, collard shirts and really nice shoes. What I'm trying to say is that Ghanaians, Africans, are just people. But we all know that right? I know people that refer to Africans as if they are some sub-human species. I wonder where they do that at?

No comments: