ThankYOuComeAgin

Thanksforcoming..I hope we can enlighten eachother on this thing called life and enjoy Jesus at the same time!



Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crushing..

I've been thinking about this lately. I should probably be open and put all of my cards on the table. I have a crush! Big whoop right?! lol Stop the presses! Should this really be big news? I think so. As a woman striving to put on Christ, it's a topic that is of interest to me--especially since I have been known to be socially awkward. What are the politics of Christian crushing? I'm kind of wondering if I should even be feeling this way at all. Though I have to admit that crushes can be sweet little things. You smile when you think about that special person, and visions of your Christian union might keep you occupied when you should be diligently studying something else.
One of my main concerns, and the reason why I was hesitant to admit this in the first place is that I don't want to lose focus on God and shift it to a fallible human being. It's just that in our overtly romanticized culture, relationships are everything. We all want to fall head over heels in love. I know that's not real but sometimes it sure seems appealing.
What makes matters worse is that the guy has no idea I feel this way, (that's actually a good thing) and I have no idea of knowing if he feels the same. Why would he? We barely know eachother! But I love the way he flips through the pages of his bible, and the way he prays is oh so dreamy! lol
This is something that I hope passes, and soon! I am certainly not ignorant to the axiom, that Satan walks about like a roaring lion. Give him an inch and he'll take a football field.
That is not to say I intend on living my life out in secluded weirdness. Sexual attraction is a God given trait, but it has a place and appointed time. Self-control is a fruit of the Spirit and is one that I certainly need to exercise.
He's still dreamy, and focused on God which I love the most, but God gives good things. And if this good thing is for me, he most certainly will not withhold it.

Here's to running the race.
Akos

No comments: