ThankYOuComeAgin

Thanksforcoming..I hope we can enlighten eachother on this thing called life and enjoy Jesus at the same time!



Saturday, December 27, 2008

Using Common Sense while interpreting the Bible


Could someone please tell me where in my God's holy Word, does it say use common sense? It has been my experience that the Word of God is not meant to be taken in a literal sense. His word is not meant for the brain, but for the heart. Andrew Womack, author and pastor, wrote "God's word touches your heart. Some people struggle with the Word because they're trying to understand it with their brain. But God's word is written to your heart. If you'll read it with your heart, you'll have understanding. If you just try to pick it apart with your brain, you'll mess up and miss things". His words are so profound. So that brings me back to the common sense part. Why do people say you must have common sense when reading the bible? I mean the man just said that God's word is written to the heart and not the brain so why would someone try to apply earthly knowledge to his Word. You simply can't. Habakkuk 2:4 says that "the righteous shall live by faith." Period. It does not say that only live some days by faith but in difficult situations you have to turn to earthly means of getting you out of trouble. Or when God's Word says that "All things are possible to him that believeth." When you read it are we only supposed to think that this applies to certain situations but not all. Surely, it doesn't apply to raising the dead or walking on water. ALL THINGS! That is what I believe. I have learned to take God at his Word; if he says it in this word then he means it. His Word will not return unto Him void, Isaiah 55:11.
Today, one of my family members informed me that you need humans to help you with IRS problems! WHAT?! You mean to tell me that Almighty God is not big enough to help you with your tax evasion issues? No! God can do all things. Sure he may use a human being to deliver the relief that He sent. But he doesn't need them to fix our problems. That's his job. His strength is made perfect in our weakness!

No comments: