ThankYOuComeAgin

Thanksforcoming..I hope we can enlighten eachother on this thing called life and enjoy Jesus at the same time!



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Perfecting your Downward Dog

Life is a balancing act. The one thing I need in my life is balance. Whenever I begin to study intensely, I begin to slack on working out, or I lose depth in my spiritual walk. Poise, focus, I need to balance this thing out. I want to be well rounded. Who doesn't?  So what do I do? I have a planner, into which every morsel of my life is entered--well almost all of it. Where do I find the time to fit it all in? The third week of the semester is upon us and I want to catch myself before I fall. There's no one else here to do it. As my reflexes instinctively extend my leg I realize that first I need to ask God for help. Center myself and look within. The answers aren't in this world. I've searched too long only to find it wanting. I want to excel academically without becoming a hermit or social leper. I seek to be fit, without neglecting my studies by caring more for the outside than feeding myself mentally. Isn't this the challenge of life? Our society is one of excess measured on uneven scales. The weight's are off. How do you find moderation without starving yourself of fullness?

No comments: