ThankYOuComeAgin

Thanksforcoming..I hope we can enlighten eachother on this thing called life and enjoy Jesus at the same time!



Monday, April 23, 2012

I Keep Making the Same Mistakes

This year, my living arrangement with 3, former, strangers has brought me new insights about my Walk. The most salient of them deal with legalism. Ask any one of my roommates and they can definitely tell you that I've make tons of mistakes this year, from consuming unmarked foods, to removing their clothes from the washer. I've done my part to exact a measure of penance for these ignominious acts, and if I could take them back I certainly would..I digress. Now 8 months in, I am making more efforts than ever before to watch my steps, and make sure that I don't offend in the same manner, because not every one is given the same measure of grace. That said, it only takes a short amount of time for one of them to find fault in my actions. I must state unequivocally that it is not my desire in anyway to adjudicate in regards to these matters. My point is to say that no matter how long it might take, I am going to mess up. There will be something I that do that is perceived in a negative way, no matter how hard I try to make sure that I do everything perfectly. It just won't happen, because I'm a human being, and I don't always wash my dishes as soon as I'm finished with  them. I don't immediately take out the trash when the bag is full. I might forget to clean up my side of the counters. Mistakes will come. Extrapolating this argument to my walk with Christ, and you can see where I'm going with this. All I can say is thank God for Jesus. That God sees Jesus' righteousness when He looks at me, and not my faults. If I can't please three twenty-something year old women, how much greater will my faults be when compared to a Holy God? There is no way that I'd get it right all of the time. That's why I have to put my faith in Jesus' ability to shine, and be the best thing in me. We are saved by the Grace of God, through our faith in Christ. Let's not forget on whom we rely for salvation.

Akos.

No comments: