ThankYOuComeAgin

Thanksforcoming..I hope we can enlighten eachother on this thing called life and enjoy Jesus at the same time!



Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh How Wondrous

..is the name of the Lord!


The above song, by one of my all time favorite gospel artists, has been in my mind all week,  and its quickly becoming one of my favorites. It entered my consciousness like a familiar friend. When I had enough words to complete a Google search that was it. This week has been a trying one, but not of random circumstance. Time and time again the familiar mantra about making my bed, and lying in it, or living in the hole I've dug for myself continually reoccur in my mind. But though my bad decisions I come running back to that old stalwart, my faith in God. He rescues me from the monsters of my own creation, and again I feel unworthy, thank God for Jesus.
A favorite preacher of mine Andrew Wommack coined a phrase that gets me through my lonely days and pathetic nights: "God loves me not because I am lovely, but because He is Love"
When my wretchedness threatens to consume me I realize that its not about me anyway; but instead Christ and His sacrifice and how because of Him I find worth in God's sight. That's why I can't help but say " Oh how wondrous is the name of the Lord!" It couldn't be more true.

No comments: